So, Republican revisionism finally makes the leap from Journalists to Historians as they successfully force their own far-right political views into text books. Other changes soon to come to an American History Textbook near you:
- Supplemental Chapter: Tea Parties: Then and Now
- Section listing requirement of US President's to be born on American soil includes the addition "Until recently..
- Economic history involving the dropping of the gold standard includes a half-page ad for Goldline featuring Glenn Beck.
- America acquired from Indians legally at fair market values, a perfect example of unregulated capitalism.
- All references to "Democratic Party" changed to "Democrat Party"
- Racism no longer exists; successfully defeated by Republican in the late sixties.
- Kennedy Presidency briefly mentioned as a "transitional period," remaining space dedicated to Ronald Reagan.
- God mentioned at least once every two pages, listed among founding fathers.
- Ayn Rand listed as Economic Expert in section on capitalism, Atlas Shrugged added to "Suggested Reading" list.
- All references to "President Obama" changed to "President (?) "Barry" Barack Hussein Obama"
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost